Friday, February 20, 2009

pizza dough

Title: jerushia's family pizza dough
Description:it's easy to do 1/3 or 2/3 of recipe for just 2 or 3 pizzas

Ingredients:
3 cups warm water
3 TBS yeast
6 to 8 TBS cooking oil
1 TBS honey
1 TBS salt (I use a little less, my mom always used a little more???)
Flour--I start out with 4 or 5 cups.

and mix in more until not sticky.Directions:In a large bowl put in 3 cups of water and add 3 TBS of yeast. Let it set for about 3 to 5 minutes.***(in the winter I rinse the bowl in hot water before putting in 3 cups of warm water so it doesn't get cold) Mix in oil, honey and salt. Add flour slowly. I've never really measured it. Add until it's not sticky to the touch. I don't usually let it rise cause I'm in a hurray, but you can if you want it to stretch a little further. Roll out dough onto pizza pan of choice. Grease pan first unless you are using a stone. add sauce cheese and topping. bake at 425 degrees for about 11 to 14 minutes. I like to turn it half way through and check bottom of the crust to make sure its done. time has varried with every oven i've used.Number Of Servings:3 to 4 pizzas

No comments: