Crock Pot Chicken Philly Cheese Steak Recipe – 7 Points +
May 14, 2013 By 18 Comments
Crock Pot Chicken Philly Cheese Steak
A low calorie Philly Cheese Steak Recipe that’s made with well-seasoned chicken instead delivers one amazing meal! The vegetables along with the tender and juicy chicken, are in prepared in the slow cooker making the meal prep a snap while keeping the meat moist and full of delicious flavor.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 6 slices reduced fat provolone cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 6 small rolls (I used Trader Joe’s Artisan Rolls)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice chicken into thin strips. Toss in a bowl with salt, pepper, and steak seasoning.
- Place butter in crock pot. Place onions and green peppers on top, then add in the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Divide chicken, onions and peppers evenly amongst rolls. Top with a slice of provolone cheese and place in toaster oven for about 2 minutes on toast setting to melt cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Cooking time: 4 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 sandwich
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 313 calories; 6.5g fat; 28g carbohydrates; 29g protein; 2.5g fiber