Friday, November 7, 2008

Awesome Bread Machine Dinner Rolls

I can’t say enough good things about these rolls ~ they are delicious! You do have to check the dough when it gets mixed up in the machine as you may have to add more flour so it isn’t sticky.

This is my standard roll recipe that I use for holidays and everyday dinners. I rarely have any leftover and when I do they are great to use to make a turkey or ham sandwich.

I make mine on the small side ~ probably about the size of a golf ball so I get more than 15. I usually have my whole jelly roll pan full after they have risen.



Awesome Bread Machine Rolls

1 cup water
2 Tbs butter, softened
1 egg
3 1/4 cups bread flour (start with 3 cups and see if you need the extra 1/4 cup ~ I always need it)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsp yeast

Put all ingredients on the pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Use the dough cycle.

When finished, pull apart into 15 (or more) balls. Place on greased cookie sheet 2″ apart and brush with melted butter. Cover and set in slightly warm place to rise for about 30-40 minutes or until nearly doubled in size.

Bake at 375º for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove and brush with butter again.

Makes 15 or more depending on size.

No comments: