Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tilapia in Aluminum Foil

Ingredients:
-- 3 or 4 filets of Tilapia (or other favorite white fish)
--1/4 cup mayonnaise
--1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar. I've made it before with Parmesan and it was amazing. If I was planning a trip to the store specifically to get ingredients for this dish I would pick Parmesan.)
--juice of 2 lemons
--4 chopped garlic cloves
--pinch each of salt and black pepper
The Directions:
--mix all ingredients (except for the fish. definitely not the fish.) in a bowl
--lay out a piece of foil--rub sauce mixture on both sides of fish
--fold foil over and make a little packet for the fish
--put all the packets into the crockpot

--cook on LOW for 2-4 hours; fish should flake easily with a fork
PLEASE take care when taking the packet out of the crockpot and when opening it. It will be hot.
Tiffany's Notes: I used 4 smallish size fillets. I subbed sour cream for mayo since I didn't have any. I used grated parmesean from the shaker and forgot to put in the garlic. My crockpot cooks hot so I put them in for 4 hours on low and they were perfect.
I hope I formatted this correctly, if not, let me know and I will do better next time!

No comments: