Friday, March 19, 2010

bacon cheeseburger rice

I also made the Bacon Cheeseburger Rice (which is funny that I had it on my menu before it was reviewed, lol) My family liked it. Another mock hamburger helper deal. I don't think I can go wrong with this for my family.

Bacon Cheeseburger Rice

(luckymommy2boys)

Ingredients
2 cups Cooked rice
1 lb. Ground meat
4-6 slices Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 can Condensed tomato soup (10 3/4 oz)
3 tablespoons Onion soup mix
2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese

Preparation

brown and drain beef. while beef is cooking mix together soup, onion soup mix, bacon pieces and cheese. add tobrowned ground beef. simmer on low until cheese is just melted. add rice and mix well. Serve immediatlyCook's Notes*freezable; let cool and freeze. To serve: thaw overnight in fridge and reheat on stovetop.
*Rachel's Notes: I made this a one pot dish. I browned the meat, added in everything else, then added the 1 cup dry rice and 1 2/3 cup water, covered and simmered until the rice was tender, and then added 1 cup of cheese.

No comments: